How to fight cat obesity
For its good health, it is imperative not to leave too much t grow. If your cat is obese, you have to offer the animal a new diet that has been put in place with the help of a veterinarian.
Do not let the cat obesity settle. Indeed, the risks are important for the cat and it is important to act as soon as the overweight or the obesity is detected.
- It is necessary first of all that the whole family agrees on the necessity of the regime of the cat. if not the slightest effort will be wiped out by secret treats.
To emphasize the importance of a more balanced diet it must always be remembered that pietism is deleterious. Take the example of a person with diabetes: it would not come to anyone's mind to suggest high-sugar foods because it would be harmful. The same reasoning applies to the cat
Establish a diet with his veterinarian
- Speak with his vet in order to define the most adequate diet, preferably rich in fiber, so as to satisfy very quickly feeling of satiety
Recall that food called " light " does not serve the purpose. A diet that aims to lose weight should have the following percentages per 100 g dry of good quality food:
Protein: 42% (approximately)
Fat: 10% (approximately)
Carbohydrates (starches): 18% (approximately)
Fibers 21% (approximately)
Taurine, omega 3, omega 6, mineral salts, vitamins: 9% (approximately)
Gradually accustom the cat to his new diet
- The daily ration of cat food must be weighed systematically . Measurers are not reliable, but the eye is not reliable either. Recall that, especially in the case of a feline fed cat food , 10 g more can make the difference between a proper diet and an excess.
- Do not be too eager, and accustom the cat to his new diet gradually. We start by mixing very little hypocaloric food with the usual food before gradually increasing the percentage. If the cat refuses the meal at any given time, it is necessary to go back and reduce the rate of low calorie food before increasing it again after a few weeks, until it gets used.
- Do not look for rapid weight loss , deleterious to health. Indeed, a large weight loss in a short time causes damage to the liver, hepatic lipidosis. The ideal would be that the cat does not lose more than 2% of its weight per week.
Is this article helpful, does it answer your problem?