After "Rabbi's Cat", Joann Sfar draws refuge dogs to allow their adoption
French novelist, illustrator, comic book author and successful director, added a new string to his bow: defender of the animal cause. Armed with his pencils, he has recently flown to the rescue of the dogs of the Gennevilliers SPA.
He began by celebrating the cat. Now Joann Sfar swaps his flagship animal for the best friend of man. Professor at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris, he went to the premises of the SPA Gennevilliers with his students. The purpose of this excursion? Lay down on paper the tragic stories of refuge dogs in order to react and facilitate their adoption .
Ten sketches were born, accompanied by the artist's legendary phrasing and melancholy phrasing:
1. Fito is waiting for his masters at the SPA
2. Kellogs was mutilated before being abandoned...
3. Gucci has a talent: it's a dog "that makes real smiles"
4. Junky does not have much luck: he is black
As handsome and as kind as the other doggies, his coat hurts him nevertheless. Yes really. Like black cats, black dogs suffer from a bad reputation
> Black dogs still prejudiced
5. Casey looks like "a giant fox"
6. The sadness of poor Balou
7. Laska, the dog that needs space
8. Warner? He is sweet, intelligent... and his truffle is pink!
9. Snickers the "cartoon dog" and the sweet Belle
10. Like her peers, Aladin is waiting to be adopted
To adopt a refuge dog and to make her happy forever, download our mobile application Adopt Me or make a tour in our adoption section!
See also: A refuge and a canine sport club join forces for the well-being of dogs